What is Python?
Python is a general purpose object-oriented programming language with high-level programming capabilities. Developed by Guido van Rossum in the late eighties and early nineties at the National Research Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science in the Netherlands.
- Open Source general-purpose programming language.
- High-level programming language (i.e. independent of the computer’s hardware).
- Interpreted (i.e. not need to compile your program before executing it, Python is processed at run-time by the interpreter)
- Multiple Programming Paradigms ( i.e. Python supports object oriented programming, imperative and functional programming or procedural styles)
- Code Readability – Python is easy to read, write & maintain.
- Interactive – IDLE is Python’s built-in Integrated Development Environment. It has a Python shell window, which gives you access to the Python interactive mode.
Python is fully-functional programming language that can do almost anything.
You can install latest Python from this website – https://www.python.org/
Please see below YouTube video for Python Installation on you Windows Machine in 2 minutes.
After installation you can check the Python Version using Command Prompt.
Hello, World! in Python programming.
Happy Learning! Your feedback would be appreciated!