In this blog we will explore:
- What is Model & how to create a new Model using Oracle or file technology.
- What is Datastore & how to reverse-engineer a model to populate it with all new & existing datastores.
- How to create manually data-store of a model.
Model is a group of tabular data structures stored in a data server defined in the topology.
- Model is based on a Logical Schema which is defined in the topology. In a given Context, Logical Schema is mapped to a Physical Schema which contains physical data structure: such as tables, files etc.
- Models only contain Metadata Information, i.e. description of the data structures, they do not contain actual data.
A datastore represents a data structure. It describe data in tabular form i.e rows & columns. It can be a table, a flat file, XML file or any other data structure which is supported by ODI as technology.
Reverse-engineering is the process that populates the Model by retrieving metadata from the data server containing the data structures.
Creating and Reverse-Engineering – Model & Data-store
Refer this video for Technology – File System:
Refer this video for Technology – Oracle:
In next blog we will explore how to create a ODI Interface to load data from file to Oracle.
Happy Learning! Your feedback would be appreciated!